1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Onenote error: 0xE00015E0 ? Windows 10

Discussion in 'Windows 10 Forums' started by Windows 10, Jun 22, 2016.

1. Windows 10

Windows 10 Active Member

Onenote error: 0xE00015E0? anyone have any ideas how this works with windows 10?

2. Avatar

Advertisement

3. sabien

sabien Guest Guest Post

I'm getting the same error on a surface every time i start oneNote. No known fixes yet, or so I have found

4. Engelbaine

Engelbaine Guest Guest Post

Ok I have found a solution that worked for one of our staff.

If you have the icon on the desktop, right click on this and select "Open File Location", next right click on the application icon "onenote.exe" or "onenote 2016.exe", select properties, click on "Security" Tab.

At the "Security" Tab look for "Group or user name" box and click on your name or profile" then look at the box below "Permissions for Users" this should have all ticks beside the following:

Full control

Modify

Read & execute

Read

Write

Special permissions

If not click the "Edit" next to "To change permissions, click Edit" (note that you may need an administrator to allow you to change this if you don't have "administrator access"). In the "permissions for (your user name or profile)" tick the box next to "Full Control" (make sure they are all ticked after this) then click apply.

That's it, worked for us and I hope this helps.

Cheers

5. Avatar

Advertisement

6. Usuario Silvestre

Usuario Silvestre Guest Guest Post

Reingresar las credenciales de la cuenta de registro del 365o del office 2013, ese error parece que sucede al desincronizarce la cuenta.

7. SkottieG

SkottieG Guest Guest Post

I was using the app - not the .exe - and found that I needed to reauthenticate. Start OneNote and when you see the error message, hit ESC then quickly find the Login and click it. Reenter your credentials and you should be good to go.

8. Roberta

Roberta Guest Guest Post

That's what worked for me! Thanks!!

9. Avatar

Advertisement