1. We and our AD Partners use cookies to understand how you use our site, improve your experience and serve you personalized content and advertising. Learn how we use cookies in our cookie policy.By continuing to use this site, you accept these cookies. Learn More.

Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard not registering first keystroke ? Windows 10

Discussion in 'Windows 10 Forums' started by Windows 10, Apr 13, 2016.

1. Windows 10

Windows 10 Active Member

Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard not registering first keystroke? anyone have any ideas how this works with windows 10?

2. Avatar

Advertisement

3. Robertwh

Robertwh Guest Guest Post

The key was given in other tech forum posting. I experienced the same issue when migrating from a temp laptop at work to my "new employee" ordered laptop. The temp laptop had no issue, the new one did. Both Windows 10. The new laptop came with doc station where I have the keyboard/mouse USB dongle plugged in.
    It had to do with the USB ports being configured to auto turn off to save power. The first click wakes up the USB port but does not get logged.

To resolve:
    Use Window key + x to bring up menu.
    Choose "device manager" to bring up device manager window
    (Note: this site will not let me paste pic of windows to reply, or I would have to make clearer. Sorry)
    Scroll to bottom to "Universal Serial Bus controllers" and expand.
    For each device listed in expansion, select and look in pop up window for a tab that has "Power Management"
    If present, click on tap, otherwise move on to next device.
    In Power Management tab, uncheck "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" (or leave unchecked)
    Go through each USB device and make sure you get them all.
    Reboot to be sure.

Problem should be resolved.

4. Avatar

Advertisement